Re: The util-linux reorganisation

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 09:59:17 -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 17-Mar-2001 J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> > IMO the "crypto" patch should be integrated into the regular util-linux
> > package ASAP to make unstable have the same functionality as our latest
> > release.

> One has to have a kernel-i patched kernel floating around for testing,

Yes. But no export regulation is triggered by that (whether util-linux is
maintained by someone inside the US or not): the util-linux maintainer will
need a kernel-i to test, but the kernel-i patch can be downloaded both in
the US (e.g. ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/crypto/) and outside
the US (e.g. from non-US.debian.org).

> if not compiling this way.

Nope. There is _no_ build/source dependency of util-linux-with-"crypto"-patch
on a kernel-i. The "crypto" patch only provides hooks (following a
well-defined API) and can be compiled on a regular non-crypto kernel without
problems.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.