Re: The util-linux reorganisation

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 17:27:36 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> - What's the state of crypto in woody? I want to either add the crypto
>   patch to util-linux or make a util-linux-crypto package.

The "crypto" patch to util-linux does not contain actual cryptographic code;
it merely provides a way to use the crypto provided by a kernel patched with
kernel-patch-i. The issue of such "hooks" to crypto was settled a long time ago
("hooks" can go into main; look e.g. for the disappearance of a separate
"mutt-i" package) and Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 was released with versions of
mount/losetup that supported encrypted filesystems (see e.g. bug #78263).

IMO the "crypto" patch should be integrated into the regular util-linux
package ASAP to make unstable have the same functionality as our latest
release.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch