pdftops (was: Re: XPDF Not fuckware?)

* Ronald Lembcke <es186@fen-net.de> [2001-03-16T00:39+0100]:
> pdf2ps does a bad job IMO as it seems to convert everything (font including)
> to bitmaps, making the file much larger and slower.

IIRC, only Type-3 fonts are converted, and when producing PDF you
should consider using Type-1 fonts anyway.  I think this was pointed
out in another thread here, about producing PDF from  LaTeX.

> pdftops does a better job. It is in the xpdf package.

*hmm* not exactly the place, where I would've looked first for a
PDF-to-PS converter...

Anyway, I'll have a look at it.  Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
Michael