Re: pdftops (was: Re: XPDF Not fuckware?)

Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org> writes:

> * Ronald Lembcke <es186@fen-net.de> [2001-03-16T00:39+0100]:
> > pdf2ps does a bad job IMO as it seems to convert everything (font
> > including) to bitmaps, making the file much larger and slower.
>
> IIRC, only Type-3 fonts are converted,

Unfortunately, that isn't the case.  I just tried it with GS 6.50.
Even with happy T1 fonts, they end up as bitmaps.

This doesn't necessarily seem to be the case with the base 14
fonts... on some large fonts on a test file, the font made it through,
but small text was bitmapped.

Visit beautiful Vergas, Minnesota.