Re: lintian whining about app-defaults file

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
> >The irony is: For my particular program, the standard "app-defaults" file
> >SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED A "CONF-FILE"!

Then it doesn't belong in /etc. It is that simple.

/etc IS NOT A DUMPING GROUND!. In most systems, it is part of /, it has size
constraints, and it is supposed to hold only configuration files (conffiles
or files directly derived of conffiles).

  Henrique Holschuh