Re: lintian whining about app-defaults file

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 phil@bolthole.com wrote:

> a) stop using Imake and let debhelper install the app-defaults file
> b) use debhelper v3 to build the package, because it automagically
>   populates conffiles for you
> c) ??
>
> I see problems with both of the first two:
>   a)  -- well, gee, why bother even having Imake in debian
>   b) -- its not a matter of what *I* use, it's a matter of what the
>         autobuilders use.
>
> Heck, b) would even be just fine with me in principle: I could have my own
>    autobuilder... except I CANT, because there aren't publically available
>    'unstable' machines for every architecture!!!!!

I fail to understand what exactly your complaint is.  you call xmkmf
(which calls imake) in your debian/rules.  Then you run the generated
makefile overriding anything that needs to change to conform to Debian
policy and make install with a DESTDIR of debian/packagename.  Then the
various debhelper programs do their thing and you have a .deb.

What's the problem?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>