Re: E-commerce made easy

    Russell> So you could make Postfix listen on port 80, 25, 110, 23,
    Russell> 22, and 53 and be sure that almost every firewall in the
    Russell> world will let at least one of them through.  You will
    Russell> have to use the inet_interfaces option to limit Postfix
    Russell> to a single IP and have a second IP address on the
    Russell> machine (presuming that you want to run the other
    Russell> services too).

Receiving side is OK.

What I was not sure of is configuring the sending side to relay
via the new port.

Currently I have:

relayhost = snoopy.apana.org.au

on the sending side, in main.cf, that AFAIK does not allow specifying
non-SMTP ports.

Another thing to watch for (I haven't tested this extensively myself),
is MX records. For instance, say if my laptop tried to send mail via
SMTP to snoopy.apana.org.au, but couldn't (eg. because snoopy is
offline). IIRC, it would then try the next MX record,
mail.melb.apana.org.au, however, this would probably fail because it
has not been configured to allow TLS relaying.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>