Re: E-commerce made easy

    Russell> To avoid getting hit by the DUL myself I have my laptop
    Russell> configured with Postfix on localhost, Postfix sends mail
    Russell> to a port on localhost which is owned by inetd.  Inetd
    Russell> runs ssh to connect to my server and the SMTP
    Russell> communication runs through this.  So I can send mail from
    Russell> anywhere in the world and it comes from my server, so I
    Russell> can send mail even when the ISP I am using has it's
    Russell> relays blocked by ORBS etc.

Another way of doing this is to use SSL over SMTP, and have a private
key on the sending computer authenticate you to the server, and allow
relaying.

I have done this with postfix-tls here, but don't think it is
supported by debian.org (?). Also, unlike Russell's solution, you have
to use the SMTP port, so if this has been blocked by some firewall you
are out of luck.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>