Re: Testing upgrade and consequences

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:42:50AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:27:39AM +0100, Petr ?ech wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 09:19:34AM +0000 , Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > > Most seriously of all - "Apache in Debian is seriously broken"
> >
> > also. it's the same version as is in potato
>
> Who cares? It doesn't work.
>
> > > There may be a dependency loop on apache-perl which is inappropriate.
> > >
> > > The default configuration of apache has changed drastically between Potato
> > > and testing.  The version in testing is locked down solidly - everything is
> >
> > not true. just look at the versions in potato and testing 1.3.9-13.1 both
>
> Yes it is. It doesn't work.
>

> > > denied unless explicitly allowed with apache directives.  This is at odds with
> >
> > like what?
>
> Like it don't work. Which part of D-O-E-S N-O-T W-O-R-K do you not understand?
>
> > > the behaviour up to and including potato, which was open.  Apache stomped over
> > > his httpd.conf files on upgrade and left him wondering what _exactly_ had
> > > happened.  As he says "All other distributions work out of the box. When I'm
> >
> > by default nothing should change, iff you don't confirm it
>
> I didn't. It changed. Apache doesn't work.
>
> My point is, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't bother.
> If you do run current testing and apache is working for you, please let us
> know how to fix Apache.pm & get that FPOS to load modules.

I quoted your entire message to point out that you didn't answer the
question.  _What_ broke?  Saying "it broke" without posting error
messages is rather pointless ... we hear you complaining but really
can't help.

FWIW I have two servers running Apache, installed potato, upgraded to
woody with no problem.  I also have a server which was upgraded to
woody, _then_ apache was installed (you know, the version with this
alleged non-working config).  Works fine.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.