Re: dpkg-source and NFS; stale NFS file handle

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 05:55:31PM +0100, Valentijn Sessink wrote:
> file handle'' error and the build stops.
>
> I can find this bug with Google, but not in the Debian bug tracking
> system. I assume I do something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm
> new to package development, but the Debian Mentor list could not help me
> here.
>
> When I build it on local disk, I get a correct .deb-package, without any
> errors. So it has something to do with the NFS fs. Can anyone help here?

If you found the bug with google, what did your source say?
This doesn't sound like Debian's problem. My guess is that it has to do
with the kernel you're running. I believe Russell King recently
corrected a problem in the Linux kernel where this was, in fact, a
spurious error generated by buggy logic in the kernel.

It might help if you told us what kernel you're using, and perhaps also
looked for help in a more appropriate forum (suggestions, anyone?).

Cheers,
Bill