Re: Testing upgrade and consequences

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:27:39AM +0100, Petr ?ech wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 09:19:34AM +0000 , Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > Most seriously of all - "Apache in Debian is seriously broken"
>
> also. it's the same version as is in potato

Who cares? It doesn't work.

> > There may be a dependency loop on apache-perl which is inappropriate.
> >
> > The default configuration of apache has changed drastically between Potato
> > and testing.  The version in testing is locked down solidly - everything is
>
> not true. just look at the versions in potato and testing 1.3.9-13.1 both

Yes it is. It doesn't work.

> > denied unless explicitly allowed with apache directives.  This is at odds with
>
> like what?

Like it don't work. Which part of D-O-E-S N-O-T W-O-R-K do you not understand?

> > the behaviour up to and including potato, which was open.  Apache stomped over
> > his httpd.conf files on upgrade and left him wondering what _exactly_ had
> > happened.  As he says "All other distributions work out of the box. When I'm
>
> by default nothing should change, iff you don't confirm it

I didn't. It changed. Apache doesn't work.

My point is, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't bother.
If you do run current testing and apache is working for you, please let us
know how to fix Apache.pm & get that FPOS to load modules.

HAND
Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you