Re: popularity contest and queso

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 12:24:47PM -0500, Jacob Kuntz wrote:

> i just recieved a queso fingerprint packet from master.debian.org. this
> corrisponded with me flushing my sendmail queue, which contained one
> message: apenwarr-survey@debian.org.
>
> i'm not mad or anything, but it would be nice to have seen a notice that
> you will be doing this. wouldn't it be more kosher to use a call to uname
> in the crontab?

We are absolutely not running queso or gathering any additional information
other than what is emailed to us - at least, my scripts aren't.  One of the
admins on master might have been trying to debug something at that exact
moment.

Any identifying information, such as your IP address, hostname, etc, is
deleted as the first step during processing.  There are so many ways to
cheat on popcon anyway that it would pointless to try to eliminate a subset
of them.  We just assume that it would be silly to cheat, because it's not
worth anything to anyone.

Have fun,

Avery