Re: popularity contest and queso

On Sunday 11 March 2001 22:43, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > So it is most likely only a connection attempt from master to the auth
> > port with activated ECN.
>
> We just upgraded master to 2.4 and the default appears to have ECN turned
> on.
>
> I'm tempted to leave it that way and see what happens.. Email me if you
> have a problem.

Some popular sites have problems with ecn.

Hotmail used to send a RST packet in response to any SYN that had ECN
enabled.  I have just checked again and it seems that Hotmail have now fixed
this.

I have just re-enabled ECN on one of my servers.  I had previously turned it
off because sending mail to hotmail.com was too important to lose.  If I find
no more problems then I'll re-enable it on the rest of the servers.

I think that having ECN enabled on master is absolutely the right thing to
do.  It may cause some inconveniance in the short-term, but it's necessary
for us to get such bugs shaken out and fixed.