Re: popularity contest and queso

from the secret journal of Avery Pennarun (apenwarr@worldvisions.ca):
> We are absolutely not running queso or gathering any additional information
> other than what is emailed to us - at least, my scripts aren't.  One of the
> admins on master might have been trying to debug something at that exact
> moment.

i'm at the office now and away from the machine in question. when i get back
i'll examine the logs more closely. perhaps it was a coincidence, but the
queso packet appeared on my log screen immediatly after i flushed the queue.

> Any identifying information, such as your IP address, hostname, etc, is
> deleted as the first step during processing.  There are so many ways to
> cheat on popcon anyway that it would pointless to try to eliminate a subset
> of them.  We just assume that it would be silly to cheat, because it's not
> worth anything to anyone.

heh. when i discovered that joe wasn't on cd1 of potato, i seriously
considered cheating. :)

--
Jacob Kuntz
jake@capecodvacation.com