Re: How-To: Politely ask after seemingly-abandoned package

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 11:24:14AM +0000, Nicholas Flintham wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I was also thinking along those lines... But of course, he might be on
> > vacation right now, he might have lost his Internet access, and a whole
> > plethora of other things. Maybe a developer in the vicinity of him should
> > check up on it?
>
> I did a little digging, it seems he's on holiday in the US at the
> moment. He's back in 10 hours or so. I dont think he has any workable 68k
> machines anymore though so I doubt he uses the gcc-m68k package anymore.

I don't have any m68k machines.. I do have a Sparc, and I've happily
used the package (compiled to sparc target) to build kernels for my IPX.
Possibly I could scare up an m68k machine that could be used for testing.

Okay.. I appear to be almost through the new maintainer process. If I
don't hear from the current maintainer in ( > 'nm complete' '3 days' ),
or if he orphans the package at me, I'll fix what bugs I can and upload.
I won't make any big packaging changes until the cross-compile/FHS
thread is resolved, also..

-- Ferret