Re: debian/changelog and add-log-mailing-address

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>In the meantime, I note that we appear to have canonicalized Emacs major
>mode specifications into the changelog format.  What would be a
>syntactically acceptable way to add a vi(m) modeline?
>
>E.g.:
>
>vim:set ai et tw=78:

'au FileType debchangelog set textwidth=76 comments=bf:*,bf:-' in my
.vimrc works fine for me, although a few problems in vim-rt means that
that filetype doesn't get detected automatically all the time and that
highlighting doesn't take effect. I'll file a bug report as soon as I
work out what's going on.

I'm not sure I'm keen on the default colour scheme, but I suppose I
could tweak that.