Re: Recent Woody upgrade, TeTeX, XFree86, and Mozilla

5.03.2001 pisze Dale Scheetz (dwarf@polaris.net):

[cut]

> This package is recreating hash tables, if I understand things correctly,
> and is changing the contents, and possibly even the existance of files in
> /usr/local.

Yes. It recreates /usr/local/lib/texmf/ls-R, used by the kpathsea. I
don't find anything dangerous in that.

[cut]

> Sysadmins rely on the sanctity of /usr/local to maintain any package or
> software program they wish, in any fashion they see fit, without the
> package management system comming in at unexpected times and mucking up
> the contents.

And because of that there's a configuration file in /etc/texmf, which
should be edited in appropriate way. Look at /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf
(under 'Part 1'), it's all configurable.

best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

                             I can't drive 55.