Re: a debconf backend db finally...

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 05:04:07PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Jorgen Schaefer wrote:
> > For XML-dislikers, the whole syntax is horrendous.
> > For XML-likers, it's perfectly natural.
>
> It's never that simple. I use xml for what it was designed for (see the
> debconf documentation), and am simply not interested in participating in
> the make-everything-xml fad.

"Because everything should be XML" is a dumb reason to do something.
But that isn't a reason not to use XML.  Is there a reason that you
don't think the advantages of using XML that I mentioned (already
available tools for both sysadmins editing the files, and programs
parsing the files) apply?

	sam th
	sam@uchicago.edu
	http://www.abisource.com/~sam/