Re: a debconf backend db finally...

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Joey Hess wrote:
> > Hi folks. I've been writing a backend db for debconf, since nobody else
> > will do it.
>
> A think a major `thanks' and `wow!' is in order here!
>
> > Randolph, it's sorta annoying that cdebconf uses /etc/debconf.conf, is
> > there any possibility it could use /etc/cdebconf.conf instead?
>
> Is there any chance of having a common format for both so they can just
> share it?

I dunno. The format cdebconf uses now is not flexible enough for my
needs, and also encompasses stuff debconf will not configure through
that file.

The format I posted a demo of was designed to be trivial to parse
extensively -- my parser basically creates one object for each stanza;
the fields in the stanza correspond to the fields in the objects, and
everything just works.

--
see shy jo