Re: libnss-ldap breaks gdm and screen saver?

    Jeremy> 	I would highly recommend you go re-examine your
    Jeremy> /etc/pam.d files specifically the gdm and xscreensaver
    Jeremy> ones and make sure you didn't just think you configured
    Jeremy> them to use pam_ldap.so and didn't... I have this working
    Jeremy> against both the older 1.2.11 and newer 2.0.7 OpenLDAP
    Jeremy> servers...

Well, I don't use pam_ldap (I want to use Kerberos), but for reference
my /etc/pam.d/gdm contains:

auth     required       pam_nologin.so
auth     required       pam_env.so
auth     required       pam_unix_auth.so debug
#auth     required       pam_krb5.so
account  required       pam_unix_acct.so
password required       pam_unix_passwd.so shadow
session  required       pam_unix_session.so

I don't see anything here which should disable getting the user
information from LDAP via NSS.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>