Re: libnss-ldap breaks gdm and screen saver?

    Matt> A quick look at the source will show that that is not true.
    Matt> Both gdm and xscreensaver use PAM (you said so about
    Matt> xscreensaver yourself).  If non-PAM programs work OK, the
    Matt> problem probably has something to do with PAM.  Check

No, this is a problem with NSS support, not PAM support.

getty works fine (I forgot to say so before).
ssh for instance works fine too (oops, I forgot to test that before).

The only two programs with problems are gdm (which works OK with
libpam_krb5) and xscreensaver.

Changing to nss-ldap broke it, I didn't change anything related to
PAM.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>