Re: NM frustrations...

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:00:33PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> because evil Maintainers are not _that_ dangerous to the project
> as evil Developers.

using your distinctions between Maintainer and Developer:

evil Maintainers (people who can upload) are dangerous to all users of Debian
because they can upload malicious packages and those packages, when installed
by a user, could cause harm the user's box

evil Developers (people with accounts on Debian boxen and/or CVS access to the
Debian utilities (apt, etc.)) are dangerous to Debian because they can damage
the boxen or the utilities

of the two, the greater concern are evil Maintainers, imo; users trust Debian
packages to not harm their boxen

Luca

PS: This is my first (and probably last) comment on this thread, so if you
absolutely need to tell me something, please mail me directly.

--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.