Who's responsible for fixing broken security updates?

Who's responsible for fixing bugs introduced by NMUs done by the
security team?

I'm asking because I find the current state of inn2-inews really
annoying. After the last security update
(inn2-inews_2.2.2.2000.01.31-4.1), you can't post with inews any longer.
This bug was reported three times to the BTS (I wonder why the severity
is only normal - IMHO it should be grave, because inews is completely
useless at the moment), twice with a proposed patch that looks
reasonable.

Neither the maintainer nor the security team seem to do anything about
this problem (maybe the security team doesn't even know about it).
What's the procedure to follow here?

Thanks,
Martin

[ Please Cc: me ]