Re: Solution. Was Re: ps2pdf and xpdf problems.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> First, adding -Ppdf to the dvips command line and then converting with
> ps2pdf only helped a small amount. Text set larger than 12 points was
> rendered properly, but all text 12 points or smaller is still rendered as
> widely spaces single dots.

You have to be very careful with fonts, the font mappings only exist for a
small number of them..

> build the .ps file using dvips, there must be a set of .ps images, and to
> build the .pdf, there must be a set of .png images. Providing both worked,

Supposidly you can also provide a .pdf rather than a PNG. If you are
converting vector data into .png I would encourage you to try to fix that,
but screen shots and things are fine.

PDF is not just for screen, but for print. So having high quality vector
images is important.

Jason