Re: ps2pdf and xpdf problems.

Chris Walker <chrisw@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> The only "problem" I have with this is that "ff" is encoded as one
> special charater rather than two. This gives nice printouts, but if I
> copy it from the pdf file, I get a funny character in the pasted
> text.

You can probably modify the tfms to get rid of the ligatures.  (ff,
fi, fl, ffi, ffl.)  Munge Deja-Google... someone has probably had the
same peeve.  You may even be able to do something at the tex
layer... but thinking more deeply, it's getting hideous to
contemplate.  Doing it in the font is the better way.

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.