Re: RFC: mingw32 cross compiler in Debian

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 07:17:30AM -0800, Ron wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:27:39PM -0800, Bradley Bell wrote:
> > I think gcc and friends can cope with putting it wherever you like, just use
> > the appropriate --prefix (perhaps /usr/share/<target>), but the --exec-prefix
> > should still be /usr.
>
> hmm..  I will give it a try, but it was my initial thought that doing it that
> way would also move some things we didn't want to move out of /usr too, not
> just the target specific stuff it puts in ${prefix}/i386-mingw32

Yes, although the runtime (<target>/include, <target>/lib) should be
sharable between different architectures, it also puts executables under
<target>/bin, making it unsuitable for /usr/share.  oh well.  I think
leaving it in /usr makes more sense for now.

-brad