Re: RFC: mingw32 cross compiler in Debian

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 05:54:34AM -0800, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently packaging such a beast (Linux -> Doze cross compiler)
> (to cut a long story short, for reasons related to giving lost souls
> a path out of hell..)
>
> The big question then is whether or not we should have it in the archive.
> It's DFSG free (a gcc port), more info at www.mingw32.org.
>
> Opinions?
>
>   Ron

I'm already working on the cygwin cross-compiler.  it is able to produce
both cygwin binaries (depend on cygwin.dll) and mingw32 binaries (do not
depend on cygwin.dll), simply by setting the compiler flag -mno-cygwin.
There may be cases where a pure mingw32 compiler would be better, in which
case a separate mingw32 package would be fine.  But you should make sure it
will really be necessary.

-brad