Re: assimilating OpenBSD

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:20:07PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Right now I am working on dpkg and debhelper. they partly reley
> > on powerful gnu-features of unix tools like xargs -r,
> > tar --no-recurse --null, find -regex, cpio -0
> > but that is basicly it. these are partly embedded in C, partly in
> > perl. I do not speak perl and I would have problems emulating
> > stuff like xargs -r in that language. If people can help and make
> > the things work smoothly, that would be great.
>
> Why don't you use the powerful GNU-tools? I know that they compile and
> work perfect under NetBSD and I expect the same under OpenBSD.

Er, I don't see how this would be good..  The base tools (tar, etc.) are
contained within the OpenBSD base system, which has been audited -- if we
replace everything with GNU tools then what's the point of even doing this?
It would just be Debian with an OpenBSD kernel.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>