Re: assimilating OpenBSD

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 02:25:23PM -0500, Adam McKenna wrote:
> Er, I don't see how this would be good..  The base tools (tar, etc.) are
> contained within the OpenBSD base system, which has been audited -- if we
> replace everything with GNU tools then what's the point of even doing this?
> It would just be Debian with an OpenBSD kernel.

What's the goal of this project? Some Debian BSD plans have intended to
make the BSD kernel another option along with the Linux kernel. This
looks to be closer to a BSD with dpkg and apt, which may be a good idea,
but not within Debian. I like the fact that I don't have to worry about
non-GNU tars or non-GNU libc's in Debian, and would find it a bad thing
for Debian to have to change a thousand packages to try and support a
BSD with apt.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and