Re: Debconf broken?!

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:43:20PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > Randolph, looks like cdebconf does not clean up after itself when
> > purged.
>
> only if cdebconf was downloaded from incoming at some point.... all the
> installed ones clean up correctly. The new one (0.1-4) doesn't do these
> evil diversions at all...

Well that seems to have broken something. After installing the
new cdebconf the diversions were not removed, leaving the
original debconf files in strange places and those from cdebconf
were there, too. I can't check with older versions of cdebconf,
but I think the following files were copied fopm some other
location in cdebconf (<< 0.1-4)'s postinst:

	/usr/share/debconf/confmodule
	/usr/share/debconf/frontend
	/usr/bin/debconf-loadtemplate
	/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure

I had to manually remove the diversions with the following code:

# for file in /usr/share/debconf/confmodule \
/usr/share/debconf/frontend /usr/bin/debconf-loadtemplate \
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure; do rm $file; dpkg-divert --rename \
--remove $file; done

After that, I did "apt-get --reinstall install debconf
debconf-utils" to be on the safe side. It seems to me, that
cdebconf (== 0.1-4) does not clean up the diversions it installs.

    Ingo
--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE