Re: dpkg-dev-emacs vs. debian-changelog-mode vs...

Aaron Lehmann writes:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> Previously Itai Zukerman wrote:

>>> dpkg-dev Suggests: dpkg-dev-el
>>> dpkg-dev-el Depends: emacsen
>>
>> I don't want dselect to tell me to install emacs on my system
>
> So, fix dselect

All very well, but I don't think you've thought through what the
condtion for wanting dpkg-dev-el to be installed is: it's not
"whenever you install dpkg-dev" or "whenever you install an emacs",
but -only- when you install both of these things.

Expressing mere dependency is not a problem.  But I want the package
management interface to be able to work out that if I want dpkg-dev
and also an emacs, then I probably also want dpkg-dev-el.  That hardly
seems an unreasonable desire to me.

ttfn/rjk