Re: Migration to Pentium?

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:29:15PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Michael Weber wrote:
> >
> > So, you have at least a rough overview of all Debian installations?
> > Terrific!
> >
> > Care to share the figures with us?  (If not, where does the `10%'
> > figure come from?)
> >

> http://counter.li.org/reports/machines.html.

    Even if that site provides a moderately accurate breakdown, you
still need to check your math.  Not including whatever percentage of
the "other machines" section would not benefit from 586 optimizations,
I see that more than 18% are 486s or K6s.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.