Re: Install and RAID

    Martin> will the kernel be confused, if /dev/sda1 and /dev/md0
    Martin> contain the same label, or will it just take /dev/md0?

I am not familiar with SCSI support for hard disks, but I think it
would just take /dev/mdX still. (where X is the number you specify
when you create the partition).

    Martin> using labels would be good anyway, as the user could swap
    Martin> his disks (primarys/secondar, master/slave, scsi-ids)
    Martin> without making the system unbootable

RAID uses its on labelling scheme. It does not use BSD labels, as
these only reference individual partitions. A given RAID partition may
depend on any number of raw disk partitions.

The only real difference between the system RAID uses and BSD labels,
is that the number chosen is significant. The RAID partition with the
highest number will get synced first on startup if, for instance, the
computer crashed.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>