Re: Install and RAID

This is a ridiculous discussion, IMHO.  Anyone who is serious about
protecting their data buys a hardware RAID controller.  Software RAID is a
hack, reserved for those few situations where someone wants to have raid but
is unwilling to shell out the few hundred dollars for a decent controller --
and you're saying we should make this the standard way of doing things?
Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

(And yes, I do know that software raid is very common on Sun boxes, but I
still believe that hardware raid is the way to go.)

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>