Re: debconf question

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:12:31AM +0100 , Klaus Reimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > see 4.7.* policy:
> >      The maintainer scripts should not alter the conffile of _any_
> >      package, including the one the scripts belong to.
>
> I took the php4-mysql Package as an example and this package IS altering
> php4.ini. So the package is not policy conform?

yes. and I'm not happy with it :(( But I don't want to go the horde/imp way
and it's good that you're told that upstream php4.ini is different from
what has been installed before.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<Manoj> trust Eray to add a moment of amusement to any day