Re: debconf question

Hi,

> > I took the php4-mysql Package as an example and this package IS altering
> > php4.ini. So the package is not policy conform?
> yes. and I'm not happy with it :((

Well... ok. So my debconf problem is solved, because I am not allowed to
configure these things anyway.

Just for interest: What if the upstream version provides scripts to edit
php's and apache's configfiles? Is it allowed to call these script from
postinst?

And if I forget all that auto-configure-stuff and put the installation
instructions into README.Debian shall I output a "Read that file"-notice via
debconf or is it best to keep the package installation silent?

--
Bye