Re: Progeny Debian Beta 2 now available

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:57:22AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Some of the features of this release:
>
>  - graphical install using GTK+
>
>  - noninteractive installation (for clusters and server farms)
>
>  - debconfization of many packages
>
>  - a GNOME front end to debconf
>
>  - GTK+-based "configlets" for several critical aspects of system
>    configuration (time/date, MTA, network setup, XFree86) using debconf on
>    the back end
>
>  - boot support via GRUB, including (optional) automatic migration
>    from LILO
>
>  - hardware autodetection (based on the "detect" library)

Sounds very interesting indeed! Since all this seems to be DFSG free and
solves many of the (alleged) installation problems for Debian-newbies,
I would like to know if there are any plans already to incorporate these
goodies into Debian for the next release.

Cheers,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?