ITP: tclx8.3 -- Extended Tcl, a set of extensions to Tcl 8.3

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

I'm planning to package tclx8.2 and tclx8.3. Currently we have a TclX package
in debian but it is for the old tcl8.0. Since in woody we have also tcl8.2
and tcl8.3 I would like to package the corresponding TclX extensions.

    Extended Tcl (TclX), is a set of extensions to Tcl 8.3, the Tool Command
Language invented by Dr. John Ousterhout.  Tcl is a powerful, yet simple
embeddable programming language.  Extended Tcl is oriented towards system
programming tasks and large application development.  TclX provides additional
interfaces to the operating system, and adds many new programming constructs,
text manipulation tools, and debugging tools.

    TclX is upwardly compatible with Tcl.  You take the Extended Tcl
package, add it to Tcl, and from that you get Extended Tcl.  (Tcl
is not included in this distribution; please obtain it from ftp.scriptics.com).

   Support is also included for building a Tk wish shell (wishx)
with the Extended Tcl command set and signal handling.

   Extended Tcl runs on most Unix-like systems and Windows 95/NT.

   While this TclX distribution is tested with Tcl 8.3 and Tk 8.3, it will
probably work with newer versions of 8.3.*-series Tcl & Tk with little or no
changes.  Please check the Extended Tcl homepage at http://www.neosoft.com/tclx
for the latest release and information.

   Extended Tcl was designed and implemented by Karl Lehenbauer
(karl@NeoSoft.com) and Mark Diekhans (markd@Kermodei.com), with help
in the earliest stages from Peter da Silva (peter@NeoSoft.com).

   As with Tcl, all of Extended Tcl is freely redistributable, including for
commercial use and resale.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: see my www home page         |