Re: making sponsorship easier and make (love && (!war))

On 01-01-17 Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> ++ 16/01/01 23:36 +0100 - Christian Kurz:
> > On 01-01-16 Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> > > ++ 16/01/01 21:33 +0900 - Junichi Uekawa:

> > > We have QA. It is responsible for orphaned packages. Does it obfuscate
> > > who is responsible for sponsoring the package? Anyway, we can register
> > > who uploaded the package last time.
> >
> > QA already has enough open tasks that are done by the QA Team, so adding
> > another task like sponsoring people is in my opinion not acceptable. And
> > I would normally say that the maintainership of the orphaned packages
> > isn't also a task for a QA Team, but more a task for a separate Team.
> > The QA Team does focus more on having our packages in a good shape and
> > be bugfree, taking care of maintainers that are MIA and so on. So there
> > are enough tasks that the QA Team is already taking care of. I would
> > vote for creating then a new Sponsors Team, that consists of sponsor,
> > who will take care of this packages.

> I think you misuderstood me. I wanted to say that we already have
> group (not one developer) that maintains packages. Junichi said that

No, you misunderstood me. We have the QA Team, which currently takes
care. But this is not the right Team to take care of orphaned packages.
Orphaned packages should be maintainer by a seperate team, so that QA
can focus more on other important tasks. (And I know that this team
consits of more people, see my signature. ;)

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member