Re: making sponsorship easier and make (love && (!war))

++ 16/01/01 23:36 +0100 - Christian Kurz:
> On 01-01-16 Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> > ++ 16/01/01 21:33 +0900 - Junichi Uekawa:
> > > In Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:16:09 +0300 Peter Novodvorsky <nidd@debian.org> cum veritate scripsit :

> > > I think this obfuscates who is responsible for sponsoring the package
> > > too much.
>
> > We have QA. It is responsible for orphaned packages. Does it obfuscate
> > who is responsible for sponsoring the package? Anyway, we can register
> > who uploaded the package last time.
>
> QA already has enough open tasks that are done by the QA Team, so adding
> another task like sponsoring people is in my opinion not acceptable. And
> I would normally say that the maintainership of the orphaned packages
> isn't also a task for a QA Team, but more a task for a separate Team.
> The QA Team does focus more on having our packages in a good shape and
> be bugfree, taking care of maintainers that are MIA and so on. So there
> are enough tasks that the QA Team is already taking care of. I would
> vote for creating then a new Sponsors Team, that consists of sponsor,
> who will take care of this packages.

I think you misuderstood me. I wanted to say that we already have
group (not one developer) that maintains packages. Junichi said that
it obfuscates who is responsible for the package and I objected this
way. My idea was to create Sponsors Team too. But first I should write
SBD.

					NIDD
The Debian Project. Debian booth@Linux Expo Road Show coordinator.
Linux Expo Road Show Timeline: 23.04.01 Prague, 24.04.01 Budapest,
25.04.01 Warsaw, 26.04.01-28.04.01 Moscow.
Conferences in all cities and exhibition in Moscow.
Visit http://people.debian.org/~nidd/LERS-TODO.html if you're intrested.
Mail contact: nidd@debian.org             Phone contact: 7-095-4261812