Re: New-maintainer flame-fest

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:08:49 -0600 (CST)
Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> wrote:

> ...responsible at that age than I was; but it bears saying that in
> general responsibility comes with age,

Nah, responsibility comes with becoming a grown up.  And not everyone
accepts it.  Being a grown up is so boring, and what for?

And it is probably not what is necessary for building good packages;
I'd say experience (with installation and management of software
packages) and consideration for others are what are more necessary,
and I think you can have both without responsibility.
--
Sam Vilain, sam@vilain.net        WWW: http://sam.vilain.net/
GPG public key: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc