Re: New-maintainer flame-fest

Steve Langasek wrote:

> I do not mean that there aren't 14-yr-olds out there capable of shouldering
> such tasks, and I salute any younger developers among us for being far more
> responsible at that age than I was; but it bears saying that in general
> responsibility comes with age, and there are probably far fewer 16-year-olds
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't make generalizations of this sort. Responsibility may go away with
age.

> capable of passing muster with the DAM than you suggest with your message.

What is this supposed to mean? Any person who's able to pass the prior
steps with verifiable skill would be qualified for having an account.
That requires an understanding of policy, dfsg, package maintenance,
machine using policies, etc. which are _not_ rocket science.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr