Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

** On Jan 16, Peter Novodvorsky scribbled:
> ++ 16/01/01 17:42 +0100 - Marek Habersack:
> > > You don't have to compile packages for other architectures yourself,
> > > either. The autobuilders do that, much easier than your or I can do it by hand.
> > They don't fix bugs for me. If I want my software to work on a different
> > architecture and the software has some architecture dependent things, _and_
> > I don't have machines of that architecture available, but Debian as a
> > project has them, then I do need the account to make the software work OK.
> > And no autobuilder will guarantee that. Please, let us not make another
> > flamewar out of this issue - it was just a single argument among others (and
> > not the most important one).
>
> There is sourceforge compile farm for this purposes, can't you use it?
They have Itanium and other PCs only AFAIK, I _do_ have access to other
architectures - so I wasn't completely speaking for myself, but partially I
was. Besides, SF breaks recently very often (for example now I'm not able to
update a single, but important, directory in the CVS for Caudium - lack of
shell access to the CVSROOT). Besides, it might not be _just_ the
compilation where the arch dependencies surface - it is in somes cases how
the programs work under different architectures.

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 Hanlon's Razor:  Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
 explained  by stupidity.