Re: use and abuse of debconf

Hi,

I have a similar problem with debian-mirror. At the moment I do a sed
to change the values (forgot to read in the old value though, changed
for the next upload) just like the example.

What I tried first was to just read the setting from debconf, which
works fine as root, but not as user.

Can we do anything about this? (Yes I asked before, but didn't see any
answere).

Can be allow users to read certain answeres from the debconf? It would
be much easier to just read the values from debconf instead of
changing a config file every time and sourcing that.

MfG
        Goswin