Re: lilo 21.6-2 default less compatible

On Sat 13 Jan 2001, Russell Coker wrote:

> OK.  I'll make the next version default to not doing compact then.
>
> You say "as you know compact is not that compatible", however I can't agree
> with that.  I have never seen it fail, I have to trust the documentation
> about it causing problems.

Have to agree. I still have a Triton I FX mobo bought about 5 years
ago with a P100 (since upgraded to AMD K6-2 400 although the BIOS
reports 486 :-)  and compact works fine. I boot off SCSI however,
maybe that has some significance.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/