Re: [EOT, hopefully] NM flamefest

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 01:19:15PM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> I don't really see the point here. What's the advantage of giving NM's
> only the possibility to upload packages and no (at least no all of to
> all of them) an account a an email address? Will it make the NM
> process easier? No. Will it make it faster? No.

True, but it might decrease the demand for new maintainership.
Hypothetically there may be people in the queue who are more
interested in a cool email address than in helping Debian.

Regarding working for Debian before being a registered maintainer.
I agree with Marcus that this does deprive the maintainer of
rights, which is not nice. However, if we accept that new maintainer
processing must take a non-zero amount of time, people in the queue
could be doing some work in that time. There is no need to just
sit and wait.

Hamish