Re: LILO 21.6-2

>>"Russell" == Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

 Russell> I have a new version online at http://www.coker.com.au/lilo/ .  It adds
 Russell> /boot/vmlinuz-* automatically and doesn't look for anything in the root
 Russell> directory.  Please try it out and let me know what you think.

	This is a bug. /boot is not the only location kernel-image
 packages may put image files in. The kernel-image packages go to a
 great deal of  trouble to correctly create /vmlinuz and /vmlinuz.old
 symbolic links (unless asked not to do so). Ignoring them means that
 my lilo.conf file shall need to be constantly updated every time I
 install a new kernel. I consider this a serious degradation of
 functionality.

	At the moment, if there is no lilo.conf, the kernel-image
 postinst creates a functioanl lilo.conf that takes into account
 symbolic links, the location of the iomage files (if it is not /boot,
 takes into account reverse symlinks, image in boot. and other
 options, and creates a working lilo.conf that can be added to by the
 user.

	It does not ever destroy a working lilo.conf file.

	I would expect lilo itself to do at least as good a job as the
 postinst of another package.

	manoj
--
 baz bat bamus batis bant. James Troup