Re: LILO 21.6-2

Russell Coker wrote:
> I have just uploaded LILO 21.6-2 to Woody.  I have made it use debconf for
> all the common settings (I can configure lilo.conf for all my machines using
> only debconf).  Please test it and let me know of any other settings that
> should be added for debconf.
>
> Also I am concerned about the risk of breaking things.  Please let me know
> how it works.

Well I rather agree with the bug reports that state it should not
overwrite existing working configurations.

Also, it broke my configuration by pointing to these images:

image=/vmlinuz
    label=Linux
image=/vmlinuz.old
    label=old

That doesn't work, I have kernel-package configured to put them in
/boot.

It spewed something to the screen which overwrote/corrupted debconf's slang
frontend. I think I caught it using script, it seems to be:

  Running /usr/sbin/liloconfig

  This program only reinstall LiLO with the already given options.
  You can reconfigure LiLO with the dpkg-reconfigure lilo or you can use
  the old configuration tool, which is now named oldliloconfig.
  Here we will run lilo, but now for security reasons we won't do it!
  Please verify lilo.conf by hand and send comments to russell@coker.com.au!
  Thanks, and sorry about the data loss ;)
  Here we will dd the mbr.b to /dev/sda.

Finally, all the debconf questions are written in pretty bad English.

--
see shy jo