Re: package pool and big Packages.gz file

Quoting Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de>:

>      > Or, can rsync sync binary files?
>
> Of cause, but forget it with compressed data.

Doesn't gzip have a --rsync option, or somesuch? Apparently Andrew
Tridgell (Samba, Rsync) has a patch to do this, but I don't know
whether he passed it onto the gzip maintainers.

(Apparently he's working on a --fuzzy flag for matching rsyncs
between, say foo-1.0.deb and foo-1.1.deb. He says it should be
called the --debian flag.)

Cheerio,

Andrew Stribblehill
Systems programmer, IT Service, University of Durham, England