Re: ITP: apt-listchanges (formerly debchanges)

(CCing debian-www for comment, please direct followups as appropriate)

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 04:06:37PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Reading it out of the diff is easy.  Unfortunately, it's more an issue
> on native packages - we'd still need to unpack them.

Native packages are actually easier.  We can extract the changelog in a
pipeline, e.g. with tar xzOf debian-native_1.0.tar.gz ./path/to/changelog.
This is very similar to what apt-listchanges already does (but with dpkg-deb
--fsys-tarfile).

> My inclination is to make dinstall handle this at some future date...
> build changelogs as they are installed... or perhaps (more
> intelligently) dump this into the lintian lab as has been discussed.

I would be willing to work on a new get-changelog.cgi if I knew who to talk to.
Most of the open bugs against www.debian.org have to do with this issue.

--
 - mdz